Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Goodbye training, I feel like I hardly knew ya

Saturday I did my 20 mile training run, thus essentially closing the book on my MCM training. Even better, I managed a sub 14 minute/mile pace on a very hill route. My hopes of doing a sub 6 hour time are well within reach.

I was more than slightly intimidated by the combo of races and training runs this fall, but I do have to say that the advantage was keeping busy and never really being able to focus on more than what that week's goal was rather than get overwhelmed by the whole endeavour...not that I necessarily want to do a schedule like this again.

So, time to focus on the handful of quality (not quantity) runs left, and let the body rest a bit in prep for the big day. Of course, there's still one more race to get through, the Baltimore Half Marathon this weekend. I'm really starting to look forward to it, moreso than I did Philly or Wine & Dine. I think this is in large part to the fact I know the big training runs are behind me. This will be my first time running such a big race in my hometown, and I will be pacing Kim through it. Should be a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment